Do I need a permit to have a yard sale?

Yes. Any person seeking to conduct a garage, barn or lawn sale commonly referred to as a yard sale must first obtain a permit from the Building Department granting authorization to conduct the proposed event. For more information, please refer to the Garage, Barn, or Yard Sales Ordinance (PDF) and fill out the Garage, Barn or Yard Sale Permit (PDF) if the ordinance applies to you. Contact the Building Department if you have any questions.

Show All Answers

1. How do I pay for a Permit?
2. What Codes does the Town of Hampton follow?
3. How do I arrange for an inspection?
4. What are the requirements for a shed?
5. What are the requirements for a fence?
6. What is the allowable fence height on a fence?
7. What are my setbacks?
8. Where do I find the zoning ordinances?
9. Pool Information
10. Flood Zone Requirements & Information
11. Do I need a permit to have a yard sale?
12. What is the height requirement for deck railing?
13. What are my options if my project does not conform with the building code?
14. Are peddlers, hawkers, and Itinerant allowed to conduct business in Hampton?
15. What is the Town’s noise ordinance?