Join us in celebrating National Public Works Week May 15-21, 2022. Public Works is Ready and Resilient!
The Hampton Department of Public Works keeps our Town running every day. They make substantial contributions to protecting our health, safety, and quality of life.
- DPW is responsible for the roadways that get our residents, visitors, commerce, and emergency services from Point A to Point B. They are first to respond to clear roadways of snow, downed trees, debris and flooding events.
- DPW is responsible every single day (365 days a year – 24 hours a day) to protect the health of our community and natural resources by the collection and treatment of wastewater.
- DPW is responsible for maintaining and repairing our infrastructure that upon failure could have catastrophic results and put at risk the health and safety of our Town.
- DPW is responsible for collecting, disposing and transporting our trash and recycling to maintain the vibrancy of our community.
- DPW is responsible for repairing and maintaining a fleet of vehicles to assure the safety of the Town's employees and to provide the services that we desire.
Hampton DPW's hard work is evident in their dedication to the residents of this Town. The Department is comprised of a group of talented staff that work throughout Town and often behind the scenes to protect the well-being of our community. Every day they are ready to serve, every day is different, and every day the work gets done. Public Works Makes It Happen.
If you happen to see Hampton DPW out and about - Let them know they are appreciated!
In honor of their service to the community, there will be a food drive from May 15-21, 2022 at the Town Hall. The "mini-truck" will be there where non-perishable goods and food can be placed. Please let your little ones sit in the truck and pretend to be one of DPW's amazing employees.