Hampton Master Plan Update
The Town of Hampton is updating its Master Plan, and is soliciting public input to help shape the town's future.
During this first phase of the project, the Master Plan Steering Committee is seeking input on the Vision and Coastal Management portions of the plan. The Vision states the values and ideals that will guide the Master Plan. Coastal management refers to the actions taken to keep the coast’s natural environment, built environment, quality of life, and economic prosperity in balance; it includes resilience - the ability to thrive in a changing climate.
This first phase of the Master Plan update project is funded, in part, by NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management under the Coastal Zone Management Act in conjunction with the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services Coastal Program.
On Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 7:00 PM, please join us for discussion about how the perspectives, needs, and contributions of your neighborhood can be incorporated into the Hampton Master Plan update.
This meeting will particularly focus on issues related to coastal hazards (such as flooding, erosion, severe storms, and climate change); however, the broader vision of the community will also be discussed.
Some of the specific questions we’ll be asking include:
- How can Hampton support you, and the specific interests of your group or community, in the future?
- What are the concerns of your group or community with regards to coastal hazards?
- What are Hampton’s strengths?
- How can Hampton build on its existing strengths to be resilient to future coastal changes?
The meeting will be held virtually over Zoom.
It can be accessed by phone using the instructions below.
Dial: 301 715 8592
Enter Meeting ID: 842 4427 8747
Public input can also be submitted to our online survey at www.surveymonkey.com/r/PlanHampton.
Stay tuned for opportunities for reviewing draft content.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two virtual workshops were held in August to discuss the project and engage in a discussion about the priorities and visions of you, Hampton’s residents.
An abbreviated version of the workshop presentation can be viewed at youtu.be/hOPS1ICaOl8.
Materials created as part of the Vision and Coastal Management development process will be posted here as they are presented to the Master Plan Steering Committee for review. Please note that many of these documents are in draft form and are being shared with the Committee for the purpose of sparking discussion and soliciting feedback, not necessarily as suggested final products.
- MandM01_Scope (PDF)
- MandM02_Data Compilation and Review Memo and Matrix (PDF)
- MandM03_Data Compilation and Review Map (PDF)
- MandM04_Municipal Staff Questionnaire (PDF)
- MandM05_Review of Existing Online Survey (PDF)
- 06-17-20 MandM - Municipal Staff Questionnaire FINAL (PDF)
- 06-17-20 MandM - Hampton Initial Stakeholder List (PDF)
- 06-17-20 MandM - Hampton Public Participation Plan (PDF)
- 07-15-20 MandM Public Survey Draft (PDF)
- 07-15-20 MandM - Public Engagement Plan (PDF)
- 07-15-20 MandM - Updated Poster Designs (PDF)
- 07-15-20 MandM - Updated Yard Sign Designs (PDF)
- 09-16-20 MandM Interim Key Takeaways (PDF)
- 09-16-20 MandM Public Engagement Plan (PDF)
- 09-16-20 MandM Workshop Notes (PDF)
Click the links below to view presentations and documents that will provide useful background information about master planning in general, and the Town of Hampton’s master plan update efforts specifically.
- 2013 Vision Subcommittee_Compilation of Public Responses (PDF)
- 2013 Vision Subcommittee_Presentation to Planning Board (PDF)
- Elements of a Master Plan (PDF)
- Examples of Master Plans from Other Communities (PDF)
- Master Plan Sessions_Goals and Objectives_Rev 07-2019 (PDF)
- Master Planning in New Hampshire_Overview (PDF)
- RSA 674 1-4 _Master Plan (PDF)
- Town of Hampton Master Plan_Existing Plan Info (PDF)
- RPC Presentation_Hampton Master Plan (PDF)