Trash & Recycling Collection
Trash and Recycling Collection Schedule
View the Trash and Recycling Collection Schedule (PDF) for residential collection. Summer schedule begins on the third Monday of June each year. Summer schedule ends at the end of the day on Tuesday after the Seafood Festival in September each year.
Cart and Service Collection Policy
The Board of Selectman have passed a Policy for Trash and Recycling collection regarding the number of carts issued, who will receive collection and the rules that need to be met to maintain collection by DPW staff.
Remember your trash and recycling carts are to be placed at the curbside for collection only on the scheduled day of collection or the evening before collection and
shall not block sidewalks, driveways or create obstacles on the street that would hinder safe passage by any person or conveyance. Carts must be separated by a few feet and placed with the front facing the curb (as indicated on the cart).
Upon collection, the cart(s) are to be removed to an
appropriate location for the address and not left at the collection point. If possible, an appropriate location could be where the carts are not visible from the street. Repeated offenses will be reported for further action, which may include loss of curbside collection services.
New and Replacement Carts
- The number of allowed carts and other relevant information can be found in the Board of Selectman's Cart and Collection Policy.
- Trash and recycling carts will be available at a charge for new properties, those requesting additional carts, those that want to exchange carts or those that need to replace their carts. Carts may be exchanged for a different size if the cart is returned clean and undamaged. The cost for carts and exchanges can be found on the Cart Application (PDF)
- A Cart Application is required to be completed for any new carts. Completed Cart Applications can be emailed to Jim Hafey or dropped off at the DPW main office or Transfer Station. Payment for carts is due once an application is approved.
- Carts will experience wear and tear, mother nature's effect and weekly if not daily use. Carts will not be replaced for free due to these situations. Owners will be required to pay for replacement carts except if:
- Damage is caused by an accident involving a police report.
- Damage is not repairable with new wheels, kick bars or axles which are available at the Transfer Station.
- If the cart is damaged please contact the Transfer Station at 603-929-5930.
Cart Service Locations
The link below contains a list of addresses in Hampton, NH where carts have been issued, purchased and/or approved for collection. As carts are damaged, returned, lost, stolen or issued this list is frequently updated.
Recycle Often. Recycle Right. What can you recycle? View the Recycling Educational Material (PDF) for more information on recyclable items and what is not recyclable. If there are additional questions, please do not hesitate to call our main office at 603-926-3202.
The Greenwork's website clarifies what is considered trash and what can be recycled. To help reduce our costs - please do not put the following in your recycling cart or recycle at the Transfer Station.
Please take a minute to read, so you know how to sort your items to be recycled, what will be picked up curbside in your recycle bin and what can be brought to the Hampton Transfer Station.
Clothing and Textile Recycling
Recycling Clothing & Textiles Just Got Easier!
James HafeyTransfer Station Foreman
Monday through Friday
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
The office is closed from 12pm to 1pm for lunch.
Sewer & Drain Emergencies
1 Hardardt’s Way
Hampton, NH 03842
100 Winnacunnet Road
Hampton, NH 03842