The Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing on Wednesday December 19, 2018 at 7:00 pm, in the Selectmen’s Meeting Room, 100 Winnacunnet Road to consider the proposals listed below (please click below to view the proposed text).
PUBLIC HEARING FOR ZONING ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS
- Amend Article II – Districts. Floodplain Management Ordinance Section 4.9 Structure Requirements – A-1 – Elevation Requirements to allow the maximum height requirement provided in Article IV, Section 4.4 to be increased when elevating a structure an additional 1 or 2 feet above the required 1 foot of freeboard. The increase of the maximum height requirement shall not exceed 3 feet. This amendment will include editing Article IV – Dimensional Requirements Footnote #33 to reflect the change in Section 2.4.9 A-1.
- Amend Article II – Districts. Wetland Conservation District Ordinance Section 2.3.7 Special Provisions C, C-1 and C-2 such that the calculation of the minimum lot area and lot area per dwelling unit for newly created lots and lots increasing the number of dwelling units, is based on 100% of the required minimum lot area and minimum lot area per dwelling unit in the underlying zoning district is located outside the Wetland Conservation District. This amendment will include adding a footnote referencing Section 2.3.7 C to Article 4.1 – “Minimum Lot Area” and 4.1.1 – “Minimum Lot Area per Dwelling Unit” and Section 1.6 – Definition of “Lot Area”.
- Amend Article V – Signs as follows: Section 5.2 to add definitions for “Air Dancer” and for “Feather, Sail, or Teardrop Sign”; Section 5.4.1 to state (within new Subsection “h”) that air dancers are expressly prohibited in all zones; Section 5.4.2 to provide requirements for feather, sail, or teardrop signs (within new Subsection “j”); Table I to identify the zoning districts where air dancers and feather, sail, or teardrop signs are permitted or not permitted; and Table II to specify that feather, sail, or teardrop signs shall not exceed 32 square feet in zoning districts where permitted.
- Amend Article VI – Parking. Section 6.3.10 as follows: To delete the stacked parking language pertaining only to Condominium Conversions of Pre-existing Non-conforming Uses, replacing it with a new Section 6.3.11 which states that on any lot containing one (1) or more dwelling units, stacked parking shall constitute one parking space regardless of the number of parking spaces in the stack.
- Amend Article IV – Dimensional Requirements. Section 4.7 to reference a new footnote (34) pertaining to the BS and BS1 zoning districts; New Section 4.7.1 regarding the maximum number of dwelling units per lot where a group of residential buildings are allowed on one lot; New Footnote 34 requiring for the BS and BS1 Zoning Districts that, in addition to the requirements of Section 4.1.1 and Section 3.8, any building containing 12 or more dwelling units or a group of buildings on one lot containing a total of 18 or more dwelling units shall require both Site Plan and Conditional Use Permit approvals from the Planning Board; Article VIII – Multi-Family Dwellings. New Sections 8.4 and 8.4.1 to reference the same language in Footnote 34 and outline criteria for the Planning Board to grant a Conditional Use Permit. Also, amend Article II – Districts, Section 2.7 D to add to Subsection 5 – Lot Area that the minimum lot area per dwelling unit in the Professional Office / Residential District is 10,000 square feet.