Due to the Thanksgiving holiday, the Transfer Station will be closed on Thursday, November 23, 2018. Trash and Recycling routes normally picked up on Thursday will be picked up on Friday. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
TOWN OF HAMPTON, NEW HAMPSHIRE
The Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 7:00 pm, in the Selectmen’s Meeting Room, 100 Winnacunnet Road to consider the proposals listed below:
CLICK THE BELOW TEXT TO FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ON EACH ARTICLE
PUBLIC HEARING FOR ZONING ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS
- Amend Article II – Districts. Floodplain Management Ordinance Section 4.9 Structure Requirements – #1 Elevation Requirements to allow a property owner to elevate their structure an additional 1 or 2 feet beyond the required 1 foot above base flood elevation. Also, to adjust the maximum height requirement provided in Article IV – Dimensional Requirements (Section 4.4) to less than or equal to the selected amount above base flood elevation. The maximum height shall not exceed a total of 3 feet.
- Amend Article II – Districts. Wetland Conservation District Ordinance Section 3.7 Special Provisions C, C-1 and C-2 such that 100% of the required minimum lot area and minimum lot area per dwelling unit in all zoning districts shall be located outside the Wetland Conservation District for newly created lots, existing lots of record, and lots increasing the number of dwelling structures. This Amendment also includes adding a footnote to Article IV – Dimensional Requirements, Section 4.1 – “Minimum Lot Area” and Section 4.1.1 – “Minimum Lot Area per Dwelling Unit” referencing Section 2.3.7 C, and adding a reference to Section 2.3.7 C under Article I – General, Section 1.6.- Definition of “Lot Area” to reflect said change.
- Amend Article V – Signs as follows: Section 5.2 to add definitions for “Air Dancer” and for “Feather, Sail, or Teardrop Sign”; Section 5.4.1 to state (within new Subsection “h”) that air dancers are expressly prohibited in all zones; Section 5.4.2 to provide requirements for feather, sail, or teardrop signs (within new Subsection “j”); Table I to identify the zoning districts where air dancers and feather, sail, or teardrop signs are permitted or not permitted; and Table II to specify that feather, sail, or teardrop signs shall not exceed 32 square feet in zoning districts where permitted.
- Amend Article III-A – Accessory Dwelling Units to Single-Family Dwellings. Section 3-A.11 Removal of an Accessory Dwelling Unit as follows: To specify the existing requirement for the recording of a Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions at the Rockingham County Registry of Deeds only applies to lots located in the RA or RAA zoning district.
- Amend Article II – Districts. Section 2.5.4 – Use Regulations (Aquifer Protection District Ordinance) as follows: To delete the requirement for a written statement prepared by a qualified Professional Engineer from Subsection F – Conditional Uses, whereas applicants are already required to submit written findings of fact verifying all 7 protective measures listed in the Ordinance prior to the Planning Board granting a Conditional Use Permit in this District.
- Amend Article VI – Parking. Section 6.3.10 as follows: To delete the stacked parking language pertaining only to Condominium Conversions of Pre-existing Non-conforming Uses, replacing it with a new Section 6.3.11 which states that on any lot containing more than one (1) dwelling unit, stacked parking shall constitute one parking space regardless of the number of parking spaces in the stack.
Copies of the proposed text of the amendments are available for review at the Town Planning Office, and Lane Memorial Library at 2 Academy Avenue.
Force Main Construction Project / Transfer Station, Businesses and Residents Tide Mill Road: Beginning Friday afternoon into Saturday (weather pending) traffic patterns at the Transfer Station and along Tide Mill Road (nearest the Transfer Station) will be changed. Those intending on using the Transfer Station please use Hardardt’s Way only. If you need access to the businesses or residence along Tide Mill Road please use Tide Mill Road only.
As construction continues along Tide Mill Road, business access will be adjusted accordingly. We ask that you pay attention to all signage, DPW personnel, Police Details and detours through the facility and along the roadways. Most importantly PLEASE SLOW DOWN. This is for everyone’s safety, including yours. Traffic patterns will change as construction progresses and we appreciate your patience.
Leaf Pick Up: We continue to work throughout town picking up leaves from last week’s leaf collection. We have not completed all routes at this time due to rain, staffing, equipment and now the pending winter conditions. If you feel you have been missed, please call the main office at 603-926-3202 and provide your location and we will do our best to get to you as soon as possible.
The Planning Office will be closed due to an all-day conference on Thursday, November 15th. It will re-open at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, November 16th. Thank you.
The Transfer Station will be closed on Monday, November 12, 2018 for the observance of Veterans’ Day and will be opened on Tuesday, November 13, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Trash collection for the week of November 12, 2018 through November 16, 2018 will be as follows:
Monday’s route will be picked up on Tuesday
Tuesday’s route will be picked up on Wednesday
Wednesday’s route will be picked up on Thursday
Thursday’s and Friday’s routes will be picked up on Friday.
If you have any questions, please call the Public Works office at 603-926-3202. Have a safe Veteran’s Day.
The Hampton Public Works Department will conduct the annual fall curbside pickup of yard waste (leaves, grass clippings, pine needles, etc.) during the week of November 5 through November 9 on the regular trash/recycling day. We will do our best to get to you on your scheduled day, but due to vehicle repairs or unanticipated breakdowns, there could be a delay. In the event of a delay, please leave the leaves along the curbside and we will continue to collect them as we are able. If you believe that you have been missed, please call our main office at 603-926-3202.
Residents are reminded to put this material in either biodegradable paper bags or loose in trash barrels and free of any trash or paper products because this material will be composted. Twigs, branches, or brush may only be taken to the transfer station and will not be picked up at the curb. Our transfer station hours are Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 8 am to 3 pm. Tuesday – the transfer station is closed and Thursday the transfer station is open from noon – 3 pm.